Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, here I am

After years of writing my thoughts in journals, I thought I'd give this blogging thing a go.... (Why not invite others into my daily life?) I'm a "Single" and "Stay-at-home" Mommy, and probably many other labels that would fit me into boxes very nicely. I married, had a baby, and separated between the ages of 25 and 30 [which must fulfill some statistic], and I just celebrated my 31st birthday a couple of weeks ago.

My [ex] husband and I started this New Year together with optimistic thoughts that perhaps things between us had changed, and we decided to put a halt on our divorce for a few months. The plan was to do some counselling and to work on building a friendship. We wanted to let things progress and see if we wanted to be together. Well, it's been a few months we haven't done any work yet. He's appearing to be the same person as before, and I'm starting to feel like I have so much more freedom on my own.

The great part about all of this is that because we're more open to being around each other, I get to see him parent our daughter. He's a good Daddy. I'm confused regarding our relationship, and as the days move along I'm leaning more toward my initial assessment - we may not be the best match for each other. The three of us being together as a family would be the ideal, but I'm not about to settle for "good enough". This life moves too fast, and I'm too fabulous to ever settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment