Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm still cool?

Ava and I were quietly eating dinner, and talking about our plans for tomorrow... when on the radio came the song "Rock the Boat" (Hues Corporation, 1974)
...To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby...."

Ava asked, "What is this music?" I scrambled in my brain on how to answer the question - should I say what type of music it is, ie. rock/pop/disco? but what would it be classified as? disco? As I was trying to quickly come up with an answer, Ava interrupted my thoughts and said, "Yuck" [pause...] "That's your music" (meaning it's not an animal song, or any kids' song).

I had a flash to her teen years and her saying the same thing to me.

...At 31 am I already an uncool Mom?...

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......too cute/funny/you're still UBER cool - so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete