Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Prosperity


At this time in my life I feel appreciative for having simple luxuries. The following is a list of things that make me feel prosperous:

Laundry: Every article washed, dried, and put away (fortunately, I feel prosperous every other day x multiple loads)

Flowers: A vase of fresh flowers in every room including Ava's bedroom

Dishes: All used items washed, and air drying in the drain tray (this I feel grateful for at least 4 times a day)

Garbage/Recycling: I feel good when I empty all household cans and put in fresh bags (this positive feeling is mixed with guilt that the bags and garbage will sit/be burned in a landfill...); recycling makes breathing easier, figuratively and literally

Re-filling liquid soap dispensers: In the kitchen and bathroom - I don't care if this seems ridiculous to anyone else

Deleting old e-mails/spam/files: It keeps my computer clear and therefore my mind (I really like organization)

Vacuuming/sweeping: I dislike it, but I feel better when my floors are unsoiled

Dusting: Way too infrequently done - this is always bumped down the list due to the remainder of my to-do list (I should add 'wiped baseboards' to my list, but they're neglected like the dusting); perhaps if I can achieve the completion of regular dusting then I'll be happy...kidding...

Cutting fabric: Every day I'm closer to being able to create an on-line store to sell my wares - doing this will help me to sleep better at night (I have marriage debt to pay off... it adds to keeping me awake)

Stocked fridge: Fresh food for Ava and me; it turns out that I can cook... I'm good with my hands in everything that I make an effort with (minds out of the gutter, or maybe not...), I always have liked baking more (my Ex cooked and I cleaned up after)

Baking: Fresh cookies, banana bread, etc, placed on a pretty cake tray next to a vase of fresh flowers (did I mention I like the aesthetic of a room?...I like to decorate)

Wine: A bottle in my little wine rack (if I have three bottles in my 3 bottle wine holder then hang on Ladies! Prosperity is gushing!); If I can, I enjoy a glass a couple of times a week (I'm so responsible I nauseate myself sometimes); I use wineglasses that my Mom painted for me

Cheese: I love soft white cheeses; ok, I love most cheeses - I'm not really a chocolate person

Bread: A fresh loaf of French bread makes me happy - especially when combined with cheese and wine... (Voulez-vous de beurre?)

Opera: It makes me light up, and occasionally makes me cry (only Italian)

My home decor: I love my yellow antique armoire (probably salvaged from a farmhouse); my black [Home Depot] chandelier - it hangs over my bed and I feel a little sexier; my bedding/pillows (thank you HomeSense); my desk (it's teak and from a place where I used my "Designer Discount" - double thanks, Universe); my kitchen table/chairs - from a local vintage shop - Ava talks about the owner occasionally while we eat - he gave me a great discount; Ava's white and green polka-dot chair - she loves it, and it makes great guest seating (my girl friends are laughing because we all rotate into this chair); I love everything in Ava's room - most of the items came from HomeSense (always my go-to place) and what I didn't buy I made - I'm thankful I can sew curtains, blankets, and pillows - I have a vast selection of fabrics, and my next project will be awesome pillows for the living room

Cheap cable: For the next few months I have a cheaper rate, after that I'll cancel...I think...I'll be so much more productive without watching shows, but for now it offers a break mentally....

Scarves: I have a small collection of pretty ones, the one that I wear most of the time is purple with white and yellow flowers - I feel so relaxed and feminine in it

Music: I feel better when I have a chance to listen to my iPod - I can escape into dancing

Grandmas' jewellery: I have a few pieces of costume jewellery that belonged to my Grandma and I wear them occasionally (I'd rather she was here to wear them); sometimes I pin a clip-on earring to a shirt; (I wore a broach in my hair with my wedding dress)

My health & youth: I'm tired, but healthy - there's so much illness going around and I feel grateful that I'm untouched; I look younger than 31 - I refuse to let the "bitter bus" park outside my house

Books: I love it when I have a new book waiting to be opened, or a great book waiting to be re-opened

Family recipes: I just received copies of a few recipes - I feel closer to my Hungarian heritage by having them in my hands

My laptop: It's pink, and it's spectacular; very fast, and loaded with memory (just like me)

Seinfeld: I laugh again and again even though I've seen them all repeatedly. I use references to the show daily - most people don't get this....

Canadian music: I saw Blue Rodeo last night, and I'm inspired that I will be loved as I deserve; I'm looking forward to the Hip show in two weeks - I've seen them many times...they're the soundtrack of my teens/20's; The Guess Who make me remember my childhood; Loverboy - makes me laugh and sing along; Brian Adams - another childhood love; Corey Hart - under-appreciated for his singing ability in my opinion; Sarah Slean - such a soft and feminine voice

I'm feeling "in-like" with my life right now because overall I'm moving through great changes. As I mentioned before, this is uncomfortable, but remarkable opportunities are heading my way. Perhaps I'll meet my match.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Voulez-vous de beurre ALL THE WAY!!!

    2) Grandma's jewelery is forever one of my happy places too....

    3) Clean laundry and groceries ALWAYS make me feel prosperous....

    4) Winnipeg bands KICK ASS! (And Canadian bands in general.....Seeing Blue Rodeo the other night with you was so incredible - Jim Cuddy's a babe.)

    PS: you forgot chick days/night with your super-awesome-wicked-spectacular-stellar-phenomenal sister!

    ReplyDelete