Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


To all the Ladies who are Mothers/expectant Mothers - Happy Mother's Day!

I know that so many women who do not yet have children, spent another day thinking about their future kids...wondering how long they'll have to wait to meet the little ones, and what their characteristics will be. To these women I say, utilize your time for yourself now, and enjoy what you have in your life at this moment. When they do arrive, a significant portion of your thoughts, and every decision you will make will be involving, and for, them. They will charm you with their sweetness and loving innocence, and in the next moment make you want to rip your hair out....

My sweet little Ava gave me these blooms (also from my Husband and the cat) for Mother's Day. Purple is my favourite colour, and I always like to get flowers. She also made me a gift at Preschool, and yes, I did tear up when she gave it to me. Somehow, over the three and a half years she's been on this planet, I've turned into a woman who can cry upon receiving a homemade card...and watching sappy commercials....

The other day Ava told me that she "...loves me more than the hugest rainbow, the sun, and the stars, and dolphins." She said it with conviction and gave me a big hug. Pretty cute - it canceled out the previous whining.

2 comments:

  1. ...what little Ava said to you about love is probably one of sweetest things i've ever heard....now i'm tearing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every other day she says things like that now. The list changes a little, but it always includes rainbows and something from the ocean.

    ReplyDelete